Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Midori reports it cannot update

I have installed Midori on both Linux Mint 21.3 and Windows 11 and see the same problem on each.

When I start Midori it is always reporting that it cannot update and I get the dialog to dismiss etc. If I tell it to manually download what starts to download is exactly the same version I have installed on both platforms, 11.3.3

I cannot seem to tell the software to not try to install, changing it to not do automatic installs appears to have no impact. There is no way it seems to tell the software to not check for updates.

This behaviour gets annoying very quickly.

After another 24 hours Midori has automatically upgraded to 11.4 on Windows 11.

It is still reporting that it cannot do so on Linux and a manual instigated downloaded will download 11.3.3 again which it what is installed.

(09-21-2024, 12:04 AM)dwg Wrote:  After another 24 hours Midori has automatically upgraded to 11.4 on Windows 11.

It is still reporting that it cannot do so on Linux and a manual instigated downloaded will download 11.3.3 again which it what is installed.

The same thing happens to me.
I download the deb file from the web and when trying to install gdebi says that the same version is installed

We are working on improving the automatic update system. We apologize for the inconvenience it will soon be corrected.